Swingin’ Fridays @ Old Skool Cafe, Youth-Run Supper Club
Swing Dance Lessons, Social Dancing, Great Food & More!
Beginners and All Ages welcome! No partner needed!
Friday, July 29: Black and White Ball with the Bay Area Swing All-Stars!
This week, come celebrate 6 months since Old Skool Cafe opened its doors to swing dancers! We’re throwing an extra special party with live big band dance music by the Bay Area Swing All-Stars. Dress to impress and come out swingin’!
- 7pm Doors Open
- 8-9pm Swing Dance Lessons with Nathan Dias & Rebecca Shannon
- 8-8:30pm Next Steps in Swing – for those with some dance experience
- 8:30-9pm Swing from Scratch – for Absolute Beginners
- 9-11pm Live Music, Social Dancing, Dining & Drinks
- Food and beverage menu including Â hors d’oeuvres, dinner items, dessert and refreshing mint lemonade now available!
Live Band Night on 7/29: $10 for the whole evening.
Location & Parking
1429 Mendell Street between Newcomb & Oakdale, , San Francisco, CA
Please note: Mendell Street is a small side street that is not well-labeled, and a little tricky to spot. Use the following notes and map:
- Mendell Street roughly parallels and is between 3rd Street and Lane Street, closer to 3rd street
- Mendell Street runs perpendicular to and connects Newcomb & Oakdale
- The Cafe is locate opposite the MUNI light rail platform at 3rd Street & Newcomb
Old Skool Cafe, 1429 Mendell Street, San Francisco
FREE parking in the Bay View Opera House parking lot directly across the street. Obtain a free validated parking card when you sign in for class.
About Old Skool Cafe
Old Skool Cafe is a 501c3 non-profit organization that offers restaurant industry training, career development and mentoring opportunities to at-risk youth in the Bay View. The project is currently working to transform a classic 1930s art deco building in the Bayview into a hip and swingin’ youth-run Supper Club. The club will eventually feature fine dining and evening cabaret shows.
Youth enrolled in the Old Skool program take dance classes for free. Admission costs paid by the general public help subsidize costs of the dance program as well as building renovations such as installing a new dance floor.
Come learn to dance, make some new friends and party with us on Friday evenings…and watch the building and youth transform week by week!
[tubepress video=”lEYMN4rQcFI” showRelated=”false” playerWidth=”360″ playerHeight=”240″]
[tubepress video=”iaI_UkVCKXQ” showRelated=”false” playerWidth=”360″ playerHeight=”240″]